The safety meeting is held on July 3rd at 7:45 pm at the Seward High School, 2100 Swetmann Ave, and is collocated with bib pick-up.
- Attendance is mandatory for ALL first time racers, even if they have completed the entire race course prior to race day.
- Before first-time racers will be allowed to pick up their, racers (or their parent or guardian if under 18) must sign a statement stating they have completed the entire race course prior to race day.
- Juniors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the entire event, including the video and bib pick-up.
- Bibs with embedded timing chips will be provided to all first timers following the safety meeting.
- Any first timers who fail to attend this meeting will be disqualified and will need to re-apply through the lottery process to participate in a future race.
Because the Mount Marathon Race® is a challenging mountain run and terrain changes could occur from year to year, all participants are encouraged to attend the safety meeting.
The terrain on Mount Marathon changes every year and there are inherent risk associated with mountain trail running and races. Every racer should practice the entire race course and be adequately conditioned before participating in the race. Participating without preparation endangers other racers, spectators, medical personnel, and jeopardizes the sustainability of the race. If you do not feel adequately prepared, DO NOT participate in the race.
There are individual GPS devices on the market that families may invest in on their own to track runners in the race. You can learn more about these devices here: http://www.runnertracker.com. We cannot recommend any of these devices over another.