Race is always on July 4th
The women’s and men’s race start times alternate annually. In even-numbered years, the women’s race is the last event of the day and in odd-numbered years, men take the last race of the day.
To reduce the congestion at various race points and increase runner safety, each adult division is comprised of two waves, spaced 5 minutes apart. Adults running in the second wave will not report to the starting area until the first wave has departed.
2018 Race Start Times
- Juniors’ Race 09:00 a.m. (Boys and Girls start and race together)
- Men’s Race 11:00 a.m. (Bibs 1-199) – 11:05 a.m. for second wave (Bibs 400 and up)
- Women’s Race 2:00 p.m. (Bibs 1-199) – 2:05 p.m. for second wave (Bibs 400 and up)
Racers generally begin to gather at the starting line (4th & Adams) about 10 minutes prior to each race start.
The awards ceremony begins at 6 pm at the AVTEC gymnasium (519 4th Ave).
T-Shirt Pick up
Each entrant that finishes the race will receive an official race t-shirt and patch. The shirt and patch can be picked up at race headquarters located in the Rae Building (125 3rd Avenue) by the runner following their respective race.
Showers are available after the races at:
- AVTEC’s 4th Avenue gymnasium (access restricted to runners with bibs)
- The Harbormaster’s office (public access)
- Seward Waterfront Park (public access)