The Petition period has closed for the 2017 race.
In rare instances, the Mount Marathon Race committee approves one-race opportunity for entry because of special circumstances, such as documented outstanding results in other mountain races or other interesting circumstances.
Petitioning is intended to offer a one-race unique opportunity to experience the Mount Marathon Race.
The petitioner must:
- Apply as a lottery applicant for the Mount Marathon Race® and pay the application fee.
- Complete an online Petition (available again in 2018 ).
- Establish your credibility as a mountain runner or ability to race Mount Marathon.
- Explain why you wants to race and what makes your petition unique or special
- Explain why aren’t you trying to gain entry via the auction.
- Which volunteer opportunity would you like to sign up for on July 4th?
- 6 am set up fencing downtown
- 9 – 11 am –street crowd control
- 11 – 1:30 pm – street crowd control
- 3 – 5:30 pm- street crowd control
- 5: 00 pm take down fencing downtown
Missing your volunteer opportunity will disqualify you from future races.
Those who petition for a race entry will first be considered as a lottery applicant. If the petitioner is not selected through the lottery process, the petition will be considered by the race committee. An approved petition is only valid for the current year.
Unless a petitioner wins the Mount Marathon Race®, they may not gain priority status through an approved one-year petition, and must return to the lottery pool for the following year’s Mount Marathon Race®.