Petitions are due by 11:59 pm March 31, Alaska prevailing time.
Please review carefully!!
In rare instances, the Mount Marathon Race® committee approves one-time petitions for entry because of special circumstances, such as documented outstanding results in other mountain races or other justifying conditions.
To be considered the petitioner must:
- Apply as a lottery applicant for the Mount Marathon Race® and pay the application fee.
- Complete an online Petition (below), addressing the following questions (total of 251 words or less) to be considered:
- Why do you want to run the Mt. Marathon Race®?
- Why aren’t you trying to gain entry via the auction?
- Have you raced or tried to enter the Mount Marathon Race® previously?
- Have you ever competed in a mountain race and what were your results?
- What are your other running accomplishments?
- Which volunteer opportunity would you like to sign up for on July 4th?
- 6 am set up fencing downtown
- 9 – 11 am –street crowd control
- 11 – 1:30 pm – street crowd control
- 3 – 5:30 pm- street crowd control
- 5: 00 pm take down fencing downtown
Missing your volunteer opportunity will disqualify you from future races.
Those who petition for a race entry will first be considered as a lottery applicant. If the petitioner is not selected through the lottery process, the petition will be considered by the race committee. An approved petition is only valid for the current year.
Unless a petitioner wins the Mount Marathon Race®, they may not gain priority status through an approved one-year petition, and must return to the lottery pool for the following year’s Mount Marathon Race®.
Petition for Invitation